Sunday, March 9, 2008

Senior Portraits


William Davis, originally uploaded by cycle61.


From today's senior shoot for my cousin. Two SB's, camera right and left with CTO gels, slow shutter (1/5 second!) to burn in ambient light behind on the stage. I've got a few more from the shoot on my Flickr.

Copies of all the portraits I shot last week are posted in the theater lobby at 5x7" matted on 8x10" paper. It was interesting standing back at the wall during intermission, watching everybody gather around them, pointing out their pictures, their friends, which shots they liked or didn't like, etc. My website address wasn't there, but it's now posted along with the pictures, and I'm listed as the "Production Photogrpaher" in the program. Pretty exciting stuff for me. Now I've just got to get some business in a town that's less than 80 miles away...



I also got in some shooting during the "12th Night" performance. Conditions were far from ideal, but considering I'm shooting with a shirt wrapped around the camera, from the back row, wide open at f/5.6, ISO 3200, I think the shots came out pretty nicely. It certainly would have been nice to have a 70-200/2.8 and a body that doesn't make such a mess at high ISO's, but you get to use the camera you have, not the one you dream about...

No comments: