Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Waiting for the eclipse

I'm writing this from my cell phone, as my camera sits and waits for the partially eclipsed moon to rise. The camera is set up in a safe location, and it's been taking pictures on the timer every minute for the last two hours or so, and will continue until the eclipse is complete or the battery dies.
The cloud cover seems light enough to spot the full moon through, although at totality it may be a different issue. I'm planning to put together a composite image, a time-lapse video, or both from the pictures it's capturing right now.
Hopefully I'll come up with something presentable, and if not, oh well.
Oh and please file this post under excuse-busting, just because I'm diligently working doesn't mean my camera can't be hard at work somewhere else, shooting an eclipse.

No comments: